Sunday, August 28, 2011

Green Team INFO for Week of Aug. 29

Dear Green Team Parents,

Coach Dougherty and I were pleased to see all the girls that came out to play volleyball for Shorecrest this fall. Personally, I'm very happy to be back coaching middle division volleyball after a three year hiatus. Before that break I coached both the gold and green teams over a five year period with Coach Martinez.

As for getting information out to families, I will updating the MD Volleyball Blog each week to inform players and parents of practice days, matches and results. I sent home a game schedule with the girls on Friday but there could be changes to the schedule depending on the opening date of the Athletic Center.

The schedule for this week is as follows:

Week of Aug. 29th
Monday: Practice 3:15 to 4:30
Tuesday: Practice 3:15 to 4:30
Wednesday: Practice 3:15 to 4:30
Thursday: Practice 3:15 to 4:30 - Quick parent meeting following practice. If you can't attend I'll send out the info. that was discussed
Friday: Northside Christian (away) 4:30

Practices:
The green team will practice most days after school from 3:15 to 4:30. This time of year, as you know, the afternoons can be very hot. It is very important to send the girls with a good size water bottle that they don't have to refill to often between breaks. I will also encourage them to begin drinking water a couple hours before they come to practice.

Matches:
Almost all of our matches are away this season. I will drive one of the Shorecrest buses to transport the team to our matches (except the Saturday matches for the IRC and Keswick Invitationals). Players are always welcome to take the bus back to school if need be for pick-up. If a player arranges to go home with another family following a match I need an e-mail or note from her parents telling me it is okay.

The best way to contact me is by e-mail or my cell (727)417-1016.

HELP WANTED: I haven't had anyone volunteer to be a team parent this year, so the position is currently open. In the past my team parents have put together the drink and snacks schedule for the team's matches and tournament dates and sent out friendly e-mail reminders to those that have signed up to provide drinks and snacks.

I prefer parents provide bottled waters or Gatorades. When it comes to snacks, I like to see fruit (apples, bananas, etc), cereal bars or pretzels. Please no junk food before matches. Cookies can be passed out following a game. :-)

I plan on providing drinks and a snack for the team this coming Friday when we go to Northside.

I'm looking forward to a great year of volleyball in the middle division.

Sincerely,
Coach H

No comments:

Post a Comment